Monday, October 29, 2012

Marty and The Hurricane: Fifth Edition

Hurricane party at 8pm.

Looks like some people have put together a little hurricane party in the lounge. It's set to start in a little under 2 hours. Last time I was down there, it was billed as a Halloween/hurricane party. I'm not quite certain what happened to the Halloween part. I am glad to see it go though. I don't have a costume.

The hurricane party is a little premature. There is no hurricane like conditions in our area yet. It's just kinda windy, with a light drizzle. I just came from standing in the street for a few minutes. The amount of rain falling is pretty much nothing. The wind does get gusty at times and the traffic signals swing back and forth a little. The party throwers better hope things pick up in the next 2 hours. Otherwise, it's just going to look like we are celebrating all the damage the hurricane has done elsewhere.

If the hurricane is hitting us hard when the party is happening, it will be a big screw you to the hurricane. We'll be telling the hurricane, 'you can't stop us from partying'.

It's a fine line between looking like assholes or showing the hurricane who's boss.

I'm questioning whether or not to go to the party. What if the power goes out during the party? I don't want to have to walk all those flights of stairs to get back to my apartment. Also, I don't know how to get back to my apartment using the stairs. There is two flights of stairs I can take on my floor. Both of them take you to outside of the building. I'm sure those doors are locked from the outside. I don't know what stairs to take to get to my apartment without going outside first. It must be possible. I don't want to take the time to find out though.

On the other hand, all I hear about is how people just start hooking up whenever the power goes out.  If I'm at the party while the power goes out, what a great time to hook up with people. I just need to hang close to the hottest chick at the party. I'm pretty sure you have to hook up with whoever you are closet to when the power goes out.

I think I'll go check out the party and see what the chick situation is like.

4 comments:

  1. Marty, hey I just wanted you to know that I accidentally read this post. You know the drill.

    - Christian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The usual? Or something different?

      Delete
    2. Prolly just transfer it to my paypal. Quick, before you lose internet.

      Delete
  2. I love reading your coverage. Lol Make sure you post if you hook up at the party. Preferably, during the hook up so we'll all know how it's going. I figure at some point, you'll probably need the light from your cell phone or computer anyway. Two birds, one stone, know what I'm sayin?

    ReplyDelete