Monday, October 29, 2012

Marty and The Hurricane: Eighth Edition

I keep hearing reports of people's power being out. I checked on the website that shows power outages for Con Edison. That's who my power is with. There are pockets where thousands are without power. I know they deliberately shut off the power in one area, so that things wouldn't get ruined.

Around me though, there is nothing. There were like 10 outages reported within 3 miles of me. All of them were just single reports of power being out. No buildings. Probably just a tree taking out a line or something. A few of them had reports of no lights. No lights? Does this mean everything else in the house that takes power is working? Have these people tried the light switches? Or putting in a new bulb?

The hurricane party was quite lame. I left as soon as they started making people wear name tags made out of napkins. It was a terrible party anyways. Hooking up prospects were very limited as well. Hot chicks are hard to come by. Not just in my building, the city in general. I always knew Utah as one of the best places in the country when it came to having hot chicks, but the drop off from Utah to New York is just ridiculous.

I got hit in the eye by a leaf. That's the closest I've come to being injured. I saw a sign blow away. That was pretty cool. That debris in the sidewalk I took a picture of has moved down the sidewalk a little bit. That tree that was about to tip over is still standing, sideways. The owner of the Mustang has pulled their car forward a bit. The tree will no longer fall on their car. The flooding I took video of has subsided.  It stopped raining two hours ago. It never rained more than just a drizzle.

I just went outside, and the rain has picked up. It's raining harder than it has all day. It's still a light rain. Wind is done blowing for the moment. I'm going to get some video of the scene tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment