Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Marty And The News

Skipped yesterdays news. The only thing that happened was that Obama said some stuff.

News now.

Millions with cancer return to believing they will never accomplish anything in life. Oprah has confirmed that Lance Armstrong confesses to doping in the two part interview that airs later this week. Armstrong won the Tour de France 7 times after being diagnosed with testicular cancer and losing a testicle. Armstrong gave hope to millions of cancer patients. Everyone believed Armstrong's win came about through hard work and dedication. Even though, it was widely believed everyone else was doping. Word of Armstrong's confession has devastated many. Charles Smith was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 2 years ago. Armstrong was his inspiration. "When I learned of my cancer, I was devastated," says Smith. "I thought my life was over. Then I remembered Lance. I wanted to be like him. I started training for the big tri-county bike race this summer. But now, I know I can't do it. The man's a fraud. What the hell is the point?"

Greatest of all-time
Hard to believe that it's been 5 years since Heath 'The Legend' Ledger died. You'll always be in our hearts. Celebrate his life on January 22nd.

Lady steals train, crashes into apartment building. Say what you want about terrorists, but at least when they hi-jack things, they have taken the time to learn how to operate them.

May throw in the towel
The ESPN anchor with the weird eye has revealed that his cancer has returned, doesn't know if he can fight it this time. Stuart Scott has been fighting cancer since 2007. Despite undergoing chemotherapy treatment in 2008 and 2011, Scott didn't let it get in the way of his on-air responsibilities. Scott isn't so sure he can do it again. "I had Lance Armstrong to look up to before," says Scott. "That really motivated me. Now I have no one. I just don't believe I can do it anymore. What the hell is the point?"

Football player doesn't understand why cops want to talk to him. Kenny Britt dropped his friend off at the hospital after his friend had been stabbed at a party. Britt immediately returned to the party. Police are now wanting Britt to come in for questioning. "What the hell they want to talk to me for?" Said Britt. "I ain't the fool who almost ruined the party."

That's it. That's the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment